Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a US citizen,my polish girlfriend overstay her visa in…

Customer Question
I am a US citizen,my...
I am a US citizen,my polish girlfriend overstay her visa in US,she is back in Poland for 6 years now.Can she get a finance visa?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/1/2016
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. Do you mean a fiancé visa?
Good morning:If she overstayed her visa, she still is eligible to obtain a fiancée visa. The law as to when she can apply and how long she is banned from re-entry is as follows:If she accrued an unlawful presence of more than 180 continuous days but less than one year, and then she left before any official, formal removal proceedings (i.e. deportation) were instituted against her she will be inadmissible for three years.If she accrued an unlawful presence of more than 365 continuous days, and she left prior to any removal or other proceedings being instituted against her
she will be subsequently inadmissible and barred from returning to the United States for ten years.If she accrued an unlawful presence of more than one year (in the aggregate, not necessarily continuously), or was ordered removed (deported) from the United States, and su bsequently attempt to enter without inspection (for example, by being smuggled across the border), then she will be permanently barred from the U.S. – possibly for life. She can always request special permission to reapply for entry after ten years.So, if she is under wither a 3/10 year ban then she must apply for a I-601 waiver. The fiancée visa is a hybrid type of visa, which allows the her to eventually seeking a green card.So she can apply, but she must file the I-601 waiver.

If you have any other questions just ask, if not please rate the question for credit and tracking. if you don't rate, I will not get paid.

If you have any other question please ask. Please rate the question or I will not get paid for assisting you.

If you have any other question please ask. Please rate the question or I will not get paid for assisting you

If you have any other question, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking. If you do not rate the question I will not get paid for assisting you.

KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer