How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28811
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am eligible to file for citizenship now. I also have

Customer Question

I am eligible to file for citizenship now. I also have travel planned outside the country in late August and April 2017. What are the restrictions to travel once i file for citizenship? Thanks for all your help.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

There are no restrictions on your travel after filing the N-600 other than not remaining outside the US for more than 6 months.

The law requires you meed the physical residence requirement at the time of filing so the travel after your filing does not count towards the 30/60 month rule.

You just need to be sure you wait to file so that you are not out of the country when your biometrics appointment is scheduled.

It is usually set within a month of filing the N-400. So depending on how long you will be gone in August, you need to discuss with your attorney this scheduling and the possible need to get an extension of the appointment date.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.

Related Immigration Law Questions