How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancé is here on a student visa and we are starting to

Customer Question

My fiancé is here on a student visa and we are starting to plan our wedding. We need to know what the process is legally to be able to marry.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Are you asking as to what documents are required to obtain a marriage license?

Please clarify your question.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What documents do we need and then also his student visa will expire next year and he will be done with school so what do we need to do in order to ensure he can stay here in the states after we get married this December.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid I won't be able to further help you, so I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and will open your question up to other legal professionals.

I wish you the best of luck!