How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem and was wondering if you folks could help.

Customer Question

Hello. I have a problem and was wondering if you folks could help. I got a notice from USCIS saying that I filed my I-751 seven days late. I remember sending all paperwork and the completed application form to a guy whose services I retained to help me file I-751, but the guy probably sent it later. But all through that course of the 90 days when I initially got the letter stating my green card was expiring, I had juggled responsibilities at work, family and my dad who has left-sided paralysis from a stroke he got several years ago. Please help.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: That is it. It's causing me a big headache right now. I intended to file early but some of the requirements took some time to gather, particularly the billing statements since we get our bills online and pay them online. So we get bills through email. And that took some time to figure out as I initially did not know that one of the bills we were planning to send the statements were available online.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Have you gotten the I-797 receipt from USCIS that extends your green card for 12 months? If not, what date did you file the I-751?