Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have received a RFE for my H1B petition for PY2017. I was

Customer Question
Hi, I have received a...
Hi, I have received a RFE for my H1B petition for PY2017. I was able to obtain all the documents requested in RFE but one which is
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: A detailed statement explaining how the beneficiary obtained CPT employment with my employer?
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This is my second masters with 1st day CPT, I have used all my OPT(12 +17 months Ext. from my first Masters.) Also the Employer for my current CPT is same as the employer for my CPT in first masters then OPT and OPT-extension.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I have received a RFE for my H1B petition for PY2017. I was able to obtain all the documents requested in RFE but one which is"A detailed statement explaining how the beneficiary obtained CPT employment with CPT employer?"This is my second masters with 1st day CPT, I have used all my OPT(12 +17 months Ext. from my first Masters.) Also the Employer for my current CPT is same as the employer for my CPT then OPT and OPT-extension in first masters.How should I draft my response? If I say I received this employment individually then will this cause a problem as this is a same employer for my OPT and OPT extension. Is there any way to reduce the risk of additional RFE or Denial with clarifying some things in the response.
7/30/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What is the truthful answer?

Judith

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Judith,
I did not understand your response. I did not asked about truthfilul answer...

I cannot tell you how to draft the answer to the question because I don't know how you got the job with that employer for CPT. That is what I meant by giving a truthful answer. You tell exactly how you found the employer and how you got employment with them under CPT.

Judith

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not paying $33 to know that I need to tell the truth, and give truthfull answer ( I know that already). I am going to dispute this charge on my CC

You can dispute the charge but you have not been charged for the phone call.

You may get a refund for your deposit but that really doesn't help you.

I have told you I cannot help you draft the letter because you have not shared with me the information I need to help you. I don't know what you mean by you got this job "individually". Did you do an internet job search for employment; did a friend refer you to this employer? How did you find the employer? Did a professor introduce you to the employer or was it posted on the schools jobs internet site?

I don't know how you got your job. You need to tell me that so I can help you with your question.

Judith

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got to know about this position through a friend and got this position as part of referral program at my employer (with my friends referral). Also I was employed with this employer earlier, So they know me and considered me for this position. I just need some kind of template or sample response document for such type of question. will you be able to provide me with that sample response document. If you still need some more information from me, Please let me know.

There are no sample or templates out there. I would have to draft your response for you.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer