How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3952
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was denied a passport by the state of Arizona child

Customer Question

Hi My Name is***** was denied a passport by the state of Arizona child support agency. they put my name on the federal registry that I owe child support arrears. as of June 3rd this year my second son has turned 18 years of age. I no longer owe child support for either of my sons, just back child support arrears. I have for the past 8 years paid my child support every week through my employer garnishment of my weekly check. The state of Arizona just reduced my child support $30.00 per week on my arrears that I owe. I want my pass port so I can go to Cabo Mexico on vacation. This state has f**ked me over on a passport. I owe no current child support, only arrears, I want the state of Arizona to take my name off the federal registry, so I can get a passport to go on vacation. I'm currently paying to the state of Arizona every week for my arrears only $168.93 for my two sons, my oldest is 30 years old and I'm still paying 64.79 per week on him. My 18 year old I'm Paying 104.14 per for him... I paid over $250.00 to get my passport to the federal government to get denied my passport and find all this out! This is bullshit and I want my Passport and my child support to be reduced even more per week for arrears that the state of Arizona is charging me Interest @ 10% per year on arrear child support????
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed Arizona attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my passport to go on vacation! I no longer owe current child support, only arrears on my two sons to the state of Arizona! I'm currently paying every week to Arizona $186.93 out of my check that is garnished by the state of arizona! I WANT MY PASSPORT TO GO ON VACATION, THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DENIED ME MY PASSPORT BECAUSE OF WHAT THE STATE OF ARIZONA, REPORTED ME TO THE REGISTRY FOR BACK CHILD SUPPORT OWED, I'M MAKE PAYMENTS EVERY WEEK TO WHAT I OWE THROUGH MY EMPLOYER. I WANT MY NAME OFF THE FEDERAL REGISTRY TO GET MY PASSPORT TO TRAVEL ON VACATION OUT OF THE UNITED STATES?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I understand your frustration sir...but not your question. Are you asking if the federal government can deny your passport based on the facts you are describing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to get my passport, the federal government denied my passport! The state of Arizona put my name on the federal child support owed list! I want my name taken off this list!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pay my child support arrears every week out of my pay check!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a pasport!
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you sir...again, I understand your frustration...but not your question. Is your question can the government deny a passport based on this? If not what is your question please sir?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I want a answer!

Related Immigration Law Questions