Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Even though I see there are many scams I feel that a female

Customer Question

HI,
Even though I see there are many scams I feel that a female from Ghana is the right woman for me that I have been conversing with for a few months. We both want things to move quickly and I am making decisions based on love and not on info and research that I cannot even find on the net so far. She is asking me to send $ to make us legally Married in Ghana, then she can get her Visa and paperwork needed to come over here in weeks instead of months. Please let me know if there is any way to confirm this to be a valid way of going about this. I truly believe we are meant to be together but some validation would be helpful for my mental health.
Thanks,
Don
PS - She mentioned that I could come over there to get this done as well whichis a possibility if needed but the better way is to have it done over there and fly her here.
Please advise, any info is appreciated asap.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: The only way you can confirm this is by contacting the US embassy in Ghana directly, or speaking directly with the marriage authority in Ghana. Do not ask her and do not get the number from her. I say this because she can just give you her number and tell you anything she wants. You can do this without spending money. DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY until you have confirmed that it is possible. Personally, I find it hard to believe that you can get married just by sending her money.

Here is information on the three types of marriage and on what is required for each:http://www.kma.gov.gh/kma/?marriage-services&page=5354

As you can see, simply sending her money is not going to be enough.

I hope that answers your questions.Please remember that I do not get credit for doing my job unless you give me a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. So please do that for me. You can still ask more questions even after giving a rating.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.