Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a card holder and got married in the Dominican

Customer Question
Good Morning, I am a...
Good Morning, I am a green card holder and got married in the Dominican Republic. I would like to do a petition for my wife. She also has a 3 years old. What would I do to petition both of them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/26/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Congratulations on your marriage.

You need to file an I-130 petition on your wife's behalf.

You need to file an I-130 petition on your step-child's behalf.
Forms G-325A completed by both you and your wife need to accompany it and you each have to attach 2 passport style photos to the G-352A. This is not a requirement for your step child.

The filing fee for EACH is $420 and you need to include a copy of the marriage certificate and a copy of your resident card.

Once you have been issued the fee receipt for form I-130 you have to wait about a year and 6 months for them to begin processing their immigrant visa. Unfortunately there are far more applicants than visa numbers available and they have to wait their turn in line.

They cannot come to the US until they get their immigrant visa.

Here is the link for the I-130 with instructions.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer