How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested of prostitution on 6/8/2016 I re a criminal

Customer Question

Hi I was arrested for solicitation of prostitution on 6/8/2016 I hire a criminal attorney for my court on 7/8/2016 he show up to court but he say there was no police report he says I have to wait what can I do to do this process faster this happened in Oakland California
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: He say I have to wait may be one year
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Why did your lawyer say it will take one year? To do what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because that's the time that a police officer has to turn in a police report to court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.