How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108644
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to apply visa. what are the necesssary documents..

Customer Question

Hi I need to apply for H4 visa.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: what are the necesssary documents..
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i am on my f1 applied for opt extension but the application is in pending with a RFE to which i need to reply before aug 13, 2016
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What does the RFE ask for?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Signed i983 form and my employer is ready to sign it. I am in search of a new employer who is willing to do so
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

So are you saying that you don't have an employer or job offer?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have an employer but for the I 983 form they are not ready to sign it.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
But my question is regarding h4, what are the necessary documents needed to file the change of status from f1 to h4 and do your firm does the filing and how much do you charge for the process??
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

The form is the I-539, but you are still in valid F-1 status? Are you in your grace period?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yeah valid f1 status
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

OK. Yes, I could file the paperwork for you to change from F-1 to H-4 as long as it is done before you come out of F-1 status including OPT or Grace Period. I cannot discuss fees in the open forum, but I can send you a Premium Service offer so that if you accept it, I can pass you on my contact information so that we can speak in private. I will send that to you now.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

The form is the I-539, you must file it while you are in status or in your grace period, and you need documentation to show that your spouse is on valid H-1B, like copies of your spouse's H-1B approval, I-94 and last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions