Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

What happens if you receive a TNC from the e-verify system

Customer Question

What happens if you receive a TNC from the e-verify system but you employer does not contact you ? I was hired 4 weeks ago. Upon job offer, i filled my I-9. Started work 3 weeks after and then on the first day of work, received a TNC by email. Haven't heard from anyone for 4 days now. What am I supposed to do? I'm on working permit so I wonder if that means my working permit has been canceled. But haven't received any notice. Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have a work visa to allow you to work for this employer or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for answering. I do have a pending adjustement of status via marriage with USC. That is how I have my working permit
Thank you for your reply.
That is the issue with your TNC, you need to provide proof of the status adjustment to them and get your paperwork from immigration to provide to e-verify. The problem they are having is because of your status adjustment not being completed they cannot verify your work eligibility and you should not be working until they can do so and your work permit is actually approved.