How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29018
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently under H1B Visa. And my employer is sponsoring

Customer Question

Hi,I am currently under H1B Visa. And my employer is sponsoring my green card. Company attorney started working on my case in June this year. Right now, they haven't filed labor certificate. I am thinking to switch to another job. So would like to know the H1B transfer process and risk. Also, Can i switch to the same position with different company if I already filed and passed I140?? Thanks!!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

The new employer will just file a new I-129 and request an extension of stay for a full 3 years and changer of employer.It is identical to the first process except you are in the US.

If the lawyer has not filed the DOL PEEM yet you are a long way from getting an approved I-140 so I am not clear on what your question is about the same position with a different company. The new employer has to start from the beginning and start their PERM process for you from scratch. You do not get any benefit from the one your current employer filed.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.