Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My asylum case was refused in UK, how would that effect if i

Customer Question

hi there, my asylum case was refused in UK, how would that effect if i apply for usa, canada or any european countries's visa in future
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What country are you from? Do you have a visa to enter the U.S.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I m basically from pakistan n i dont have usa visa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currently living in uk

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I had logged off for the evening. If you cannot get into the U.S., or you cannot at least get to the boarder with the U.S., you cannot apply for Asylum. However, you can apply for Refugee status. You have to prove that if you are returned to your country, you could be persecuted because of your race, nationality, religion, social group, or political opinion. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I m not asking about claiming asylum, i mean wat if i apply normal visa for study in future, as they share finger prints of asylum seekers with UK, will my failed asylum application impact that

It depends on the type of visa that you would apply for. Which type of visa do you want from the U.S.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant go back to pakistan right now as threats to my life r geniun so i m going to dubai, may b after a year or so i will apply for higher studies like i want to do phd, just wondering if refused asylun will effect that

To get an F-1 student visa, you have to prove non-immigrant intent and strong ties to your country or at least to the place that you are legally allowed to live.

I will provide you with two links that may be helpful. The first is to an article that will explain what they look for when issuing a non-immigrant visa like the B-2 visitor visa or F-1 student visa. The second is a list of things that can be presented to prove non-immigrant intent and the strong ties to the home country:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0528-schwartz.shtm

https://help.cbp.gov/ci/fattach/get/46680/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzk3NDE3MzcxL3NpZC85M1BEQ0lSbA==/filename/Intentions+and+Ties.pdf

As far as your previous Asylum claim in the UK, that could be seen as a potential for immigrant intent, but the more time goes by since you asked for it, the less it should count against you for potential immigrant intent. Remember that you still have the opportunity to prove non-immigrant intent.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.