How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4891
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My case was submitted January 2015 at the Nebraska Center

Customer Question

My case was submitted January 2015 at the Nebraska Center and on August 2015 it was transferred to the Vermont Center. It has been pending ever since and the only information i get is that it is going through security checks and they can not determine how long it will take, can a lawyer be of any help or what can i do to get some more information on my case and why is it taking so long? Also i am a US Citizen with i130 petitioning for parent (Mother) who is residing in the Dominican Republic.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

An attorney in a case like this will likely be able to get the same information you are getting. Unfortunately when it is a matter of security checks, it is difficult to move the case along. It is something that can cause terrible delays. Here are a few other suggestions that you can try.

Call USCIS 1-800(###) ###-####and ask to do an official "status inquiry" with a Tier two officer. This will hopefully help get you more updates and push it along.

Call your local Congressman's office in your area and let them know what is going on with your case. They have speak liason's in their office that communicate directly with USCIS and cal usually help get information on the case and in some cases help speed it along.

Lastly, you can also file a complaint with the Office of the Ombudsman which monitors USCIS and they can usually also assist in pushing USCIS cases that are too delayed. It is free to do it and you have nothing to lose. Here is the link to do that

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer yesterday but you did not ask any follow up question or leave any feedback.

Please let me know any other questions or what I can do so I can earn your positive rating with the stars.

Thank you for your consideration of my time.

Related Immigration Law Questions