How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3951
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer has filed a H1- amendment with out a client

Customer Question

Hi,My employer has filed a H1-B amendment for me with out a client letter(client is not comfortable in providing the letter),but the prime vendor has given a letter saying that I am working for their client through them.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: My employers attorney is saying that he can look into that matter in case of any RFE
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Nope :(
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What specifically is your question?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does my H1-B amendment gets approved with out a client letter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for not introducing my self,I am lakshmi
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

There are ways to get a EVC petition approved without a client letter. Ideally that is what you want but if the client refuses then other documentary evidence can support your employer/employee relationship with the petitioner despite working off site for the client.

Is that a SOW?

Is there an agreement between the employer and the vendor that the employer has a manager who will be overseeing your work and giving your direction and supervision?


Related Immigration Law Questions