Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I will be applying 3 year visa when I go to India next

Customer Question
I will be applying for...
I will be applying for a 3 year visa when I go to India next month, but my passport expires in Mar 2017. I will renew my passport when I have reached India, but I want to fill the DS-160 form now, so that I can schedule the visa interview as soon as possible. Is it ok if I use my old passport information and then take both passports to the visa interview?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I'm currently on F1 with OPT valid till 14 Oct 2016. I will have to reapply for an extension after I get back.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/17/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, that is fine. You will just provide the new passport at the interview and inform the visa officer that it is a new passport and you would like to amend the DS-160 to reflect the new passport.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.