Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I'm renewing and changing my name on the Passport. I tried

Customer Question
tracking the status of the...
I'm renewing and changing my name on the Passport. I tried tracking the status of the Passport, but they asked for the Passport number. But I sent off the Passport with the forms. I have a flight booked for August 24th and I'm afraid I won't get the Passport back in time. What do I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/17/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is this a U.S. Passport? When did you file the application? What proof of name change did you file with the application?

Hello Doreen. I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I would go in person to the closest U.S. Passport agency and explain the situation and ask if they can expedite the passport for you. Take the evidence of your name change, of course. Here is a link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/services/expedited.html

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Doreen. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.