How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28865
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I obtain an 'official' copy of my deceased father's

Customer Question

How can I obtain an 'official' copy of my deceased father's Naturalization Certificate?
Note: I have a photocopy of his Naturalization Certificate, but I need a formal copy for the Polish Government. The USG form is only for living individuals.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Are you executor or personal representative of his estate?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he was my father, so I assume I can claim to represent his 'estate'. My mother is still alive, but I am his eldest son.My father died nearly twenty years ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You can obtain a certified copy of a Naturalization Certificate by either going to a local office of the US Citizenship and Immigration Services or by doing everything online or over the phone.

Their contact info is:

United States Department of State, Office of Authentications

1150 Passport Services Place, 1st Floor
Dulles, VA###-##-#######) ###-#### ***** 3 or(###) ###-####br />Emai: *****@******.***

Some offices require that you have some kind of authorization to get the records, such as an order of the probate court appointing you as executor. Other offices don't require anything at all so I'm not sure if anything is really required. I don't think it is because at a portion of their website they discuss the use of these records for genealogy purposes.

I would suggest that you have a copy of the death certificate just in case.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I will be logging off for the evening soon but will be back on tomorrow morning for a few minutes and then traveling until tomorrow evening when I'll be back online.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

I'd appreciate you issuing your Positive Rating at your convenience. As I mentioned before, you can continue asking questions as long as you like as once you issue your Positive Rating the question locks open and will no longer time out.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Was that answer of any help to you?


Related Immigration Law Questions