How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My second marriage, filed petition spouse and her son in Jan

Customer Question

My second marriage, filed petition for immigration for my spouse and her son in Jan 2014. They came in US on Nov 21, 2015 with a conditional Green card. Marriage is not working and I am ready to go into divorce process. What is the best possible way to get this thing done smoothly without getting them or myself get in trouble.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Are you asking how getting a divorce might affect immigration status?

Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in with you. I see you have reviewed my response. Do you still need answers to your questions? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions