How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to transfer my visa but I have just 1 pay stub .will

Customer Question

I want to transfer my visa but I have just 1 pay stub .will it be acceptable by uscis.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

What type of visa status?

How long wee you working with this employer?

Why only one pay stub?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I worked for 5 Months.
Emp is not giving me my last pay stubs.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any other evidence of your lawful status (i.e., employment)?

Unfortunately, it is quite late and I have to go to bed. I will continue this discussion tomorrow morning. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have I 797.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I have bank statements
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I am very sorry for this, but for some reason, my response did not register in the system and I only just now realized it. Here is my response again:

The I-797 is not proof that you've maintained lawful status. Neither is the I-94. You need to show you've been going to work under the guidelines of the H1B and that you've been paid the prevailing wage as noted on the LCA.

Please answer the following:

In what state are you employed?

And are you actually being paid the wage you are supposed to be paid?