How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4746
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Want to get an F1 visa kids from Ghana to live with our

Customer Question

want to get an F1 visa for two kids from Ghana to live with our family and attend private high school in Ohio. We can pay for the schooling and everything else. We have connections in the Ghanian government so visa on that end will not be a problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Sure, I understand. Can you please tell me what your exact question is regarding getting the F1 visas.

You are not charged for answering my questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My family and I are interested in bringing 2 boys we met on a mission trip in Ghana to Ohio and pay for their high school and college, paying it forward! Cost is not an issue for us. My wife is a physician, and I own and run a significant law firm and other business, we have two boys 11 and 14 years old.. They can live with us. Their families are on board with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would like to hire an attorney to help get F1
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

That's great! However, on this website all we can do is answer your specific questions regarding an immigration law situation.

You would need to find schools for the children first and make sure they are accepted and accredited schools for the F-1 visa. Here is a list where you look for schools.

Once they are accepted the school will issue an I-20 to each one and they would use the I-20's to apply for the F-1 in Ghana in the US embassy. It is the US who makes the decision not the government of Ghana.

Is there an specific question that you have regarding the process that I can help you with?

Related Immigration Law Questions