How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an american citizen. my wife and son are mexican

Customer Question

I am an american citizen. my wife and son are mexican citizens. we came here on tourist visa and have overstayed visa, for various reasons. (8 years) we want to get greencards but are afraid as to what will happen if we apply. immigration lawyers are so expensive we cannot afford. we have tried several helps orgainazation, but they seem to never answer or never return our call. What is the best way to proceed, and do we risk danger of them being deported?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

First you didn't overstay any visa as a US citizen.

What visa did your wife and son enter with?