How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came here two and a half years ago on a fiance visa. we

Customer Question

i came here two and a half years ago on a fiance visa. we got married but we have recently split.... can i get divorce and stay here
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

You say that you got married - so the fiance visa (the 90 day visa) is no longer the operative visa or green card allowing you to remain in the U.S.

After you married your fiance, did you get your green card? Did you become a naturalized citizen? Or did you get another type of visa?