How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is i'am a moroccan citizen and i'am here in the usa

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****`am a moroccan citizen and i`am here in the usa with a TD visa because my husband moved from the usa to canada to work here by a work permit i moved from morocco to the usa a year ago and i have a baby girl she is 1 month and i want to get divorce but he said that if we divorce he will take my baby from me and i know if wa divorce that i can`t stay here in the usa because of my statut so i don``t know what to do because i can`t live with him anymore
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: i`am a TD visa holder that`s all that o know .what is the USCIS ??
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your inquiry.

I need to ask, in which State you are located and where was your child born?

What is the nationality of your husband?

Did you go through a formal wedding ceremony? If you did, where and when was that?

The USCIS is the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Are you working in the US?