How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3933
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need just the answer i have now card of 2years, am here in

Customer Question

hi.. i need just the answer
i have now green card of 2years, am here in america like 7months and am divorced :( how can i get my green card of 10 years also it possible to get it with attorney ??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Out of the last 2 years you were only in US for 7 months out of 24?

Has your current card expired?

Were you out of the US for more than 6 months during any one trip?

Do you have evidence you were in a good faith marriage? How long were you married?

Examples of proof of good faith marriage

Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when you and your spouse, and other members of your families and friends have been together.

.pdf Very detailed letters from people who know you and your spouse and who are witnesses that your marriage was valid, who were at your wedding, or who knew you as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that you use your spouse's last name.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do.. but my card will expired the next year at october 2017
can i travel with my card of 2 years ??
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but you didn't answer my questions about your trips and how long you were out of the US for each. If any of your trips were longer than 6 months they can claim you have abandoned your status as a conditional resident.


Related Immigration Law Questions