Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am filing of my 10 year card that I got as a DV lottery

Customer Question
I am filing for renewal...
I am filing for renewal of my 10 year green card that I got as a DV lottery winner.
In the online I-90 form it asks:
"Where did you apply for your immigrant visa or adjustment of status?"
1. As I could see on the I-485 form it was required for the package to be mailed to a USCIS office in Chicago, so I am guessing that this is where it was sent by my lawyer.
2. On the bottom of I-797C form there is USCIS office address in Lee's Summit, MO listed (PO 648005).
3. I had my biometrics and interview in St. Louis office.
4. On the first line of the code on my green card after the A# ***** is MSC written.
5. On the I-797C ASC Appointment Notice there is another address: "Application Support Center USCIS St. Louis"
How to I answer the question: "Where did you apply for your immigrant visa or adjustment of status?"
Is it Chicago, IL or St. Louis MO or NBC in Missouri or MSC in Missouri?
Thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/7/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Actually, they want to know where you applied from. Meaning where you lived at the time. So assuming you are talking about Part 3, Question 1, someone in your situation simply places the location of where you were living at the time the application was sent.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** the instructions for filling I-90 it says:
"Item Number 1. Location where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status. List the location of the U.S. Embassy, U.S. Consulate, or USCIS office where you filed your application for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status."

Ah... my apologies.

You sent the I-485 to Chicago, so Chicago, IL is the answer.

Where your file is being processed or where one had their interview does not affect that.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law