Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have been working last year with an E2 VISA THAT IS

Customer Question
I have been working for...
I have been working for the last year with an E2 VISA THAT IS ATTATCHED TO MY BOSSES e2 visa , he has been dating a US lady for the last 2 plus years and just got engaged , if he gets married would this affect my E2 visa ? if so how would I get my own visa for me and my daughter to still work in the US for his same company ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
7/5/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is he getting married to a U.S. Citizen and filing for Residency? Is he more than 50% owner of the company? How much money do you have to invest? Please excuse any delay in responding as I have to log off for about 20 minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he is marrying a US resident , and looking to file for a green Card. He has an E2 visa and I have my E2 visa and my 16 yr old daughter under his visa. I worked for his Canadian company and I moved here a year ago, his US company continues to grow and so I would like to see what happens as we love our life here and gave up everything to move here. he owns 75% of the company.Fletcher Petroleum.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have invested nothing , I am the manager of safety and environmental..
Thankj you

Well, for you to continue on E-2, the company has to continue to be owed 50% by people in E-2 status or that could be categorized as such. When he becomes a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, for you to continue, he has to sell 25% of his company to someone from your country that is in E-2 status or that could easily get E-2 status and of course the other 25% has to be owned by someone in E-2 status or that could be categorized in E-2, all from your same country. If not, then you may need to look into L-1A status if you worked for his company outside of the U.S. for one year out of the last 3 years. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/l-1a-intracompany-transferee-executive-or-manager

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.