Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

Is it possible to delay the process once the case reaches

Customer Question

is it possible to delay the process once the case reaches the foreign embassy?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please explain exactly what you are trying to do and how long you are trying to delay the process?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filled I 129 F for my fiance towards the end of March and it has got USCIS approval as of now. However my fiance is pregnant and intends to deliver the baby closer to her family in Ethiopia. Hence we are intending to delay the process until she gives birth and have her come to the states with the baby after applying and acquiring his US passport. Is this a possibility? If so what actions should we take? According to the current pace of the process she would definitely get her visa if we let it take the default route. Please advise

Thank you for your reply.

Once the visa is approved, if she is not ready or able to come to the US, then you would have to notify USCIS to see if they will delay her entry, but if not you would have to simply notify them you have changed your minds about the visa and are withdrawing the request and then you have to start the 129 process all over again when she is ready. Once she is ready you file the new I-129 and you file also proof that the child is born to a US citizen and was born abroad and you will DNA test proof the child is your child but then you file a Form N-600 for the child to obtain their citizenship documents.