How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4754
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my husband been married five years come September 3,

Customer Question

Me and my husband been married for nearly five years come September 3, 2016. I made application for the petition in December 2011 and he was first interviewed December 2012. We had some problems and eventually they got resolved. He was interviewed a 2x and approved for a spousal visa on April 14, 2016. His passport is stamped with a CR 1 and not a IR 1. We will be travel to the USA together in August 2016. My question is at the time he was interviewed the 2x and approved for the visa he should have received a IR 1. We have been married over 4 years when he was granted the visa and if he is entitled to the IR 1 how can it be corrected?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I suggest that you make an appointment in the US embassy and let them know that there has been a mistake. They can correct this.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
therefore I am correct with the visa being a IR 1 instead of a CR1? And second, right now it's too difficult to speak with someone by phone or in person. It took us months just to get a second interview appt and we are due to leave in August. Is there another option to resolve this?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you were married more than 2 years when his case was approved, then yes it should be a IR-1. You can also try to get this corrected by the CBP officer when you enter the US. Another option if that does not work, is to make an infopass appointment when you arrive in the US and go speak to an immigration officer at USCIS. The infopass is the name of the appointment. You can make an appointment here up to 2 weeks in advance

I hope this helps to clarify and hope to have earned your positive rating. Thanks in advance.