How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 19296
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married a US citizen on my last travel to the US while i

Customer Question

I married a US citizen on my last travel to the US while i was on an h2b visa. However, the brief marriage soon fell apart and i returned home to South Africa. I am now in the process of getting divorced from my US spouse and would lile to return to the US this year on an h2b visa again. Will i be denied because of my previous marriage?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you did not violate your stay, it is unlikely that you would be denied entry to the U.S.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Immigration Law Questions