How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company would like to sell a used foundry mixer to a us

Customer Question

my company would like to sell a used foundry mixer to a us client but they want to supervise the installation for about one week ,what is required for me to be legal ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney for 15 years, and I"m happy to assist for informational purposes. If you are going to be selling this large piece of equipment, you will need to make sure that all the agreed upon provisions are contained in a written contract. You might also make sure to include a provision that states that if there is any lawsuit, then it should be filed in your Country, so that you are not forced to litigate in the US.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do l need a visa ?
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

If you are a Canadian traveling to the US, yes, you will need a visa.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, can you please let me know if I answered your question? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO because l do not Need a visa ?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

New Expert here.

According to the US State Department, at

"Citizens of Canada traveling to the United States do not require a nonimmigrant visa, except for the travel purposes described below."

You can visit the US and oversee the installation, but you cannot do the installation yourself in many US States without a contractor's license. The law on that varies among the States.

I hope this information is helpful.