Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My case: My girlfriend, she was granted a B2 and J1 exchange

Customer Question
Dear Sir or Madam, My case: My...
Dear Sir or Madam,
My case:
My girlfriend, she was granted a B2 and J1 exchange student visa.
She is now doing her Clinical Pastoral Education intern which she needs to go further. The J1 covers this intern now.
During the intern is ongoing, she will apply for Clinical Pastoral Education residency to become a chaplain.
This residency will have a typical duration of one year.
My questions now:
1. If my girlfriend would be accepted for a residency, how will be the procedure to extend her J1 or would it be more
easy to apply for a new J1?
2. When we applied for a J1 we got all the SEVIS, DS-160 and DS -2019 documents, and the visa was issued
at the US embassy in Berlin / Germany. During this procedure there was a need of a German home address.
If we would extend the J1 is there a need of a German home address as well ?
3. We had some problems applying for a SSN. My girlfriend went to a SSA in Rock Island, IL (here intern place) and
gave all documents needed. Unfortunately the computer system gave a message, that a document from either
Medical Center (the place where she is doing her intern) or the visa sponsor was missing. Do you have any
idea which document has been missing?kind regards,
Peter Krause
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/30/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Thank you for your reply. The contract literally states just this. It does not mandate any type of notice, then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which of my three questions are you referring ?
My apologies - this message was meant for someone else and accidentally was posted on this thread.
NO NEED TO REPLY. I am going to opt out and open this up for other experts. My apologies, again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, no problem
Ely, Counselor at Law