How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4865
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband is an immigrant from cameroon west africa. He

Customer Question

My ex husband is an immigrant from cameroon west africa. He has been ordered to pay child support for our two girls. He told the family court judge that he does not have the money to pay his immigration attorstatuin order to complete his immigration status so he can receive a work permit to work in the US. I was informed that he has a work permit that was issued by immigration. He is just refusing to find work and assist me with support of our children. I need to find out how do I get proof that he has been issued a statement work permit by immigration to work?
I desperately need to get proof to the family court judge. The judge tgunks that he cant work due to his immigration status. I have to find out his status and prove that he is not looking for work while capable.
Please help. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately immigration documents are private. The only thing you can try is to filing a FOIA application with USCIS, which is to get a copy of his records. However, this can usually only be done by the alien himself or a representative. It takes a few months to process.

Here is the information

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my reply on June 28th but you did not reply with any additional questions or issued a response. Please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify for you to earn your positive rating.