Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

Child born to an accompanying parent after the issuance of

Customer Question

Child born to an accompanying parent after the issuance of an immigration vIsa prior to parents first entry to the usa.How will the cj
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have just started the nvc process..
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no I havent
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ForeignBorn.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know what I need to do before taking the child to the USA
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You are going to need to have proof of birth if you do not have the birth certificate for the infant yet. If you have the birth certificate, you need to contact the local immigration office at the embassy and get a visa for the infant, because the infant will require a visa.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I live in UK now and my child will have a UK passport after birth. What type of Visa will she need to live in the UK since I am also a LPR of US
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant what type of Visa will she need to live in the US Since her dad is a LPR and I will also soon be

Thank you for your reply.

You will need to apply for an LPR visa for the infant as well, just like you and her father have. You need to provide the passport and proof of birth and file the same applications as any adult would require.