How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an US citizen and I have a girlfriend from China who is

Customer Question

I am an US citizen and I have a girlfriend from China who is currently in the US with a tourist visa, B2. What are the legal options that we can get married during her stay here on B2 and obtain a marriage certificate? Then she can go back to China and wait for the procedure on a marriage visa.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

When did she enter the US?

Do you and she really want to be separated for the 6-9 months it will take for her to get her immigrant visa?

When she entered as a tourist did she keep her job, keep her residence, car, all other compelling ties which would draw her back?

Her intent at entry was simply to visit and leave?


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Just in case you want to talk about this as we get further into the plan of action, I have given you an offer to talk to me on the phone.

Nothing you need to accept now but I will present you with a couple of options in your situation depending on your answers to my above questions.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello?? I am standing by waiting for your answers to my request for additional information.