How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28813
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a valid H1B and in 2014-2015 I was deployed to China

Customer Question

Hi - I have a valid H1B and in 2014-2015 I was deployed to China on an assignment from my company - I was located in China the whole time barring a 10 day trip to the US. During my time there, I was running a US payroll from GA. My W-2 also has my GA address. However, I don't have an LCA for GA (never worked in GA - only payroll was deducted from there). My visa is due for a renewal. Do you think this will be an issue with USCIS?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No I do not think this is an issue. Many companies run payroll from a different office location.

Often workers use a permanent address in another state for purposes of filing your income tax return.

If you were working in China and not in the US not having an LCA for Georgia for a 10 day short term assignment will not be an issue.

In addition, you can recover all time not spent in the US. It is not counted towards the 6 year maximum period for the H1B.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Related Immigration Law Questions