How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My spouse entered on a K1 visa. We got married within the 90

Customer Question

My spouse entered on a K1 visa. We got married within the 90 days. Within 30 days of being married he abandoned me.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: abandonment date 1/10/16
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I haven't seen him since. Don't know what to do
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I did not file I-485
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I have not spoken to anyone
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I'm very sorry to hear this!

Can you please tell me what is your specific question about the situation? For example, What should you do in relation to what, finding your husband?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do in regards ***** ***** Can I withdraw my I-134? How do I notify them in case he attempts to file I-485 without my knowning?

Related Immigration Law Questions