How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109321
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

15 June 2016 01:35 Yesterday After your suggestion i email

Customer Question

15 June 2016 01:35
Yesterday After your suggestion i email***@******.*** from the website which you provided mehttp://newdelhi.usembassy.go…
But in this morning I got back this reply from their side
Dear Madam,
Thank you for your email. However, please note that The U.S. Consulate General Mumbai is unable to get involved in private civil matters, or provide information about anyone to third parties.
Thank you,
Sincerely, *****please suggest me other alternative
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

What exactly did you email them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir/Madam,
Myself is Seema Neelesh Kumar wife of Neelesh Pramod Kumar Chaurasia. I am currently residing in India and my husband is on H1B visa in the USA. My marriage happened on 2nd, December 2014. We both resided together for 1year 3 months in India before he flied to USA, New Jersey on 16, March, 2016. He has and his family has harassed me a lot in case of dowry. So that’s the reason he didn’t file for H4 visa for me. After going there he started ignoring and disconnecting my calls and started threatening me via message for divorce on mutual consent basis in order to escape from providing me alimony or taking my responsibility as per Indian law. He is denying to come back to India. I strongly believe that he commited fraud on visa application by showing single as his martial status. I haven't got the detail about where he is residing and working in USA. I also came across that it is fraud by not disclosing his martial identity so I am looking forward to cancelling his visa for this fraud. I please request the USA consulate authority to investigate on this matter and also keep me informed about the action to be taken. Also, if he is at fault than take this to higher authority and deport him back to India for his wrong doing. I just have his passport number with me.
Following are the detail of his passport
Name- Neelesh Pramodkumar
Surname- Chaurasia
Passport no- k9276340
nationality- Indian
DOB- 10/02/1983
Please also check the attachment for the copy of his passport, Marriage certificate and Air ticket. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Hope for your reply back soon and strict action to be taken against this matter.Thank you,
Seema Neelesh Kumar
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You may have stated too much. It makes you look like a spiteful spouse looking for revenge upon a husband that no longer wants to be in the marriage. You should have just stated that you believe that the individual committed fraud in the visa application by stating single and not married. The other problem is that perhaps they did look into it and perhaps he did put married and they won't do anything nor disclose that he put that he was married. The other problem is that it really isn't material to that type of visa that he be married or not, so it is a lie that wouldn't make a difference to getting approved or not, so that may be another reason that they do not do anything about it. You may have to gather more evidence to provide them so that they either cancel his current visa or prevent him from getting a new one. Submit a copy of your marriage certificate and a simple statement that you believe he stated that he was single in the visa application forms when he was actually married. But as I said, it isn't really a material lie that would have mattered either way with that type of visa.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already submitted my marriage certificate to them. What is the other way to reveal the information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shall i use my other mail id and send them email
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You could, but as I have said, in the end, they may not do anything now as it is not a material lie in regards ***** ***** visa. For example, for a B-2 tourist visa, some people lie and state they are married so that immigration believes they have a spouse that is staying behind and the spouse is a tie to the home country that would make them go back home at the end of the trip. A lie stating that they were single when they were actually marriage would be counter-productive and that would be a lie that would go against the applicant's self-interest. For the H-1B, a lie either way, a lie that one was married when actually single, or a lie that one was single when actually married would not be material to an H-1B because it is a dual intent visa that allows both the intent to immigrate and the intent to return home. But you could try. I'm just saying that it may not be worth the effort.