How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm from the US and have been living in Panama -1/2 years

Customer Question

I’m from the US and have been living in Panama for 5-1/2 years but have never gotten a residency visa. I just leave Panama every six months for a day or so, go to Costa Rica, then return. I am now concerned as to how long I can do this. Panama is my home and I don’t want to get locked out. Also, I recently heard a rumor about needing some sort of vaccination to be re-admitted. Do you know anything about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

This is a question about the immigration laws in Panama? I ask because this is a U.S. immigration law forum.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This question is about Panamanian law.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

The problem is that I do not believe we have experts in that area of law here What you could do is go to our sister site of and post your question in our Ley de Panama forum and that should work. If you want to do that, I can put in for a refund of this question. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your promptness. I may check with your sister site. Yes, please cancel the billing for this enquiry as the issue was not resolved.
*********** *********
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Will do. Thank you.