Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I'm currently working at a startup in SF on my OPT. However,

Customer Question

Hi There,
I'm currently working at a startup in SF on my OPT. However, I didn't get a H1B and my OPT ends at the end of June. I already started working on my own startup in the US and we just filed an LLC. It's an ecommerce business. My plan is to leave the country to change a visa and then come back to the US with B1 visa to meet with potential investors. Then if I can raise fund, I will apply for an E2 visa.
Questions
1. Is coming back to the US to explore business viability or do fund raising (to apply for an E2 visa) a strong reason for B1 visa? I can have my friends issue a business invitation letter.
2. Is my plan to go home to apply for an E2 visa after the trip enough to convince an officer at the embassy that I will leave the country at the end of the B1 visa?
3. Should I work with a lawyer?
4. Or is it better in my case to apply for a B2 visa?
Thanks so much,
Manoje
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Questions

No it is not because the funds invested in the business to qualify for the
3. Should I work with a lawyer?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and that you for your question. The moderator asked me to check with you to see if you received the answers to your questions. We cannot tell if you ever connected with the attorney for a phone call. Please let me know if you need additional assistance. It would be my pleasure to help.