How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've lived in the us years illegaly but have a SSN and plaid

Customer Question

I've lived in the us for 20 years illegaly but have a SSN and plaid taxes can I get a greencard
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No status nothing pending
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I'm afraid
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I came here at age 17 on a visitors visa
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: No I have just lived here and worked never got onto any trouble
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Do you have any US citizen relatives (spouse, children, parents)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an 11 year old son. No one else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way for me to petition?

Related Immigration Law Questions