How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4870
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife she envite me to come to america she sent all the

Customer Question

My wife she envite me to come to america she sent all the papers and i get visa k1 and when i was in america i married her in 2013 and i get my green card conditions...after that we had problems and i get arrested for domistic voilence and was dismissed because i take class ... Know i sent to renew my green card with the same wife and i get a letter like a green card for one year if i want to travel ...! Know i had other domistic voilence with my wife and i was in the court and they told me i have to take class to dismissed this charge and i accept ! But my case is still with imigration i still waiting to get my green card permenet ! I sent my case at 23 deciember 2015 and know we are at 11 june 2016. So my question what we will happing because they told me i have to wait 6 months know almost 6 months ! Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Thank you for the explanation. I do understand your situation. Right now you have the application I-751 pending. This is the application to remove the conditions from your green card and get the permanent green card. Once you sent that application, automatically you receive an extension for one year and you can work or travel with that.

In order to get the permanent green card it can take several months and sometimes more than a year. This is normal for it to take long. Once it has been more than 6 months (after June 23) you can call USCIS at 1-8003755283 and ask for a status inquiry to be done. They will investigate why it is taking long. But still do not worry, because it is normal to take a long time. If more than 1 year passes, you can go to your local USCIS office and request that they extend the one year document that you received in case you need it for work or travel.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello JenniferI understand that but what do you think about the domistic voilence !! You didn't give me the answer about that .ThanksIsmail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I m still waiting for you answer
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry.. I didn't realize you had a question about the domestic violence as well. If your domestic violence charge was dismissed, then it should not be an issue in your I-751 application.

I hope clarifies and I hope I have earned your positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this information . But the other charge is not dismissed yet ! My lawyer told me when i complet the charge will be dismissed know do you thing they will call me for interview !ThanksIsmail
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that they will call you for interview because of the pending criminal charge. You will not get denied just because of this. They will wait until the charges are dismissed and then issue a decision.

I do hope this now answers your questions and hopefully you can issue a positive rating for the answer. Thank you for your consideration as we do not receive a salary from this website.

Related Immigration Law Questions