Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have been conditionally approved by TSA's Global Entry

Customer Question
application. I am to set...
I have been conditionally approved by TSA's Global Entry application. I am to set up an interview for fingerprinting at Boston's Logan International airport. My husband's application went through quickly, he was told to go to our airport here in Manchester NH, which is Part of Boston's Logan airport. He was quickly fingerprinted and given his global entry card. I am given only a choice of Boston for my interview. The scheduling wait time is now February 2017! That is 8 months too long to wait. We are traveling to Seattle, Asia, Australia, Dubai,London in a less than a month. What and why is this? I am an artist/teacher. I have no issues, I am an American citizen born of Americans who have lived here since late 1900's. I am a mother, with a normal life. Why must I go to Boston, wait 8 months when I can just go to our airport as my husband has, and be done with it? I am using my iPhone because for some reason, when I open my account on my computer, they don't show my question even after entering payment creds. Please give a human response. Online, all I am getting is a computer generated response repeatedly. What can I do to speed this process up and how? Thank you
Patti Benson
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/11/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hi Patti,

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to know what happened or why you are being asked to go to Boston Logan. There could be several reasons, not the least of which is that there are literally millions of people who are now seeking to join the Global Entry program.

When did your husband join the program?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Late April
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He also has been vetted a number of times. Special Forces, diplomatic attachments, dual citizenships - Australia - USA
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please, I cannot hang on waiting for your response. We will just end this thread and I will move on
Hi Patti,My apologies for the delay. However please note that I responded to your message at 8:41am and you responded more than 1 hour later.Did you apply at the same time?Also, I am working on a mobile device, which means my communication will sometimes be sporadic. Your patience is appreciated.Note: you may be asked to give a rating right now. You are not required to do so until we have finished.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I apologize for the response time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This TSA problem caused impatience and frustration
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's ok, I can't spend all this time waiting, time issues and response time isn't moving along. I will find another way to get my answers. I too am using an iPhone and it was not my choice to use, but SMS text was the only choice I was given last night to receive notifications, and it only allows me to send and receive. I am ending this chat. Thanks

OK, no problem, I understand. Since Global Entry is not administered by the TSA, you should not contact them. They will not be of any assistance.

Global Entry is a Trusted Traveler program, which is administered by Customs and Border Protection (CBP). If you have issues with a Trusted Traveler Program, you should contact the CBP at 855 - 873 - 4637.

Best of luck.

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer