Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My friend was petitioned by s father as single while he was

Customer Question

My friend was petitioned by his father as single while he was married. Now he went for the Citizenship and put that he is married and the USCIS Officer told him to explain why he entered as single and he was married. what does he need to do now? What can happen to him
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

He's most likely going to get stripped of his U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency and deported. Did he marry before or after his father became a U.S. Citizen?