How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 9996
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm eighty years old my friend is seventy eight we were boy

Customer Question

I'm eighty years old my friend is seventy eight we were boy friend girl friend sixty years ago we have come together over last five years and I would like to go and live with her in Grove city Ohio I've been there a few times . What I want to know is Can I live there with out giving up my Australian citizenship and can I get a permanent residency
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Living out of country does not affect one's citizenship. Becoming a citizen in that country does. Please see:

A green card granting permanent U.S. residency can be obtained in three main ways: marriage to a U.S. resident; starting and funding a business in the U.S.; or by winning the Green Card lottery. The immigration department will need proof of sufficient funds to cover the initial stay in the United States.

information on the lottery here:

information re: immigration information for fiance/spouses here:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Checking in on the above.

Thank you for using JA!