Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My friend attempted to visit me two weeks ago and was denied

Customer Question
entry into to the USA...
My friend attempted to visit me two weeks ago and was denied entry into to the USA, had his visa revoked and a five year ban place on his records. He was travelling for the first time and planned on sending the summer with multiple family members between NYC and FLL. After being questioned by one customs officer he circle his I-9 form (the customs officer asked him what he was doing? ‘Sightseeing’, how long? ‘3 months’) and handed it to another officer who took him into a room filled with people. The room filled up and emptied three times before he was questioned again. During his questioning a new officer began referring to him as "you Jamaicans", saying comment like you Jamaicans are all liars so no matter what you say it’s a lie. The officer accused him of entering the USA with
1. Drugs, (because that’s all you Jamaicans do
2. To work (because he is just a f**king liar
3. To be leash (because that’s all you Jamaicans do is Leash on Americans and run up there light bill).
The officer revoked his visa and placed a five year ban on his records before doing any testing and search. My friend begged him to do the any test he wants and search everything, call his friends and family to prove he wasn’t lying. The officer told him it was a waste of time because he was a Jamaican and they are all the same. He stamped his paperwork and left him in a room with one door. He had a mat on the floor and ants was everywhere. My friend was taken out for testing and strip search. They questioned him again about messages on his phone and his relationship with me. All his test came back clean but the officer told him that I’m a single mom and he is just going to be a leash to me and increase my bills so he is not going to change his mind about him.
After staying locked up for hours in this cold, ant filled room another officer came in got him a blanket and attempted to call me. The officer got is supervisor to remove the five year ban on his records but told him if he doesn’t sign papers admitting he was entering the USA to work he would have to put him back in the hole. My friend was there for two days. On the way out an officer told him to apply for a new visa and get a lawyer. What should he do? He does not want to cause any trouble but would like his visa restored. To apply for a new visa will take months and he is afraid he will not get it with this on his file.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/8/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you are unable to help with the question i posted?

Thank you for your follow up.

I don't see a specific legal question in your original post.

This a pay per answer website, so please let me know what is your specific legal question about the situation that your friend is in and I will be happy to answer it.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I will just have to sit with a lawyer who can comment on the situation and walk us through options to restore his visa or file for a new one. Thank you for your time
Ely, Counselor at Law