How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer arranged to file a marriage based card

Customer Question

My employer arranged to file a marriage based green card application. I'm awaiting my EAD card. I may switch jobs this summer. Could I use the EAD to work for an employer other than the one who filed for me? My sponsor is my husband. The application is marriage based, not employment based.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You do not have to work for your husband's employer just because they applied for the EAD for you. It is not like an H1b or other employment sponsored visa, which only allows you to work for the employer who applied. In the case of an employer applied for EAD the spouse of the employee does not have to work for that employer, they can work for any employer.

Related Immigration Law Questions