How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4890
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What if my court dociment is not certified : California

Customer Question

What if my court dociment is not certified
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: California record but i live in Washington
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have pronted off my entire dociment from their website. I do have a certified background check showing disposition and expungmentt. Plus i also have a certified expunement document. Will this work? It was only for a misdemeanor dui
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Will this work for what? Where are you sending this documentation and for what??

You are not charged for answering my questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K1 visa. I129k
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Why are you submitting information regarding a misdemeanor DUI? Who told you you had to do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says on the form to disclose if you have 3 alcohol related crimes....2 of them i have certified copies of for WA. The one for CA is from 2004. 2 cases convictions dismissed and one guilty.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If two of them were dismissed then you do NOT have 3 alcohol related crimes. They only need it if you have actual convictions for 3. Since you do not have 3 you do not have to submit any.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were dismissed AFTER i was convicted. Per condional sentence requirements met
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

A person cannot have a conviction and a dismissal at the same time. If they were dismissed then you were not convicted. Whatever happened last is what dictates. You need to check the disposition of the cases to confirm that they were dismissed.

If you'd like you can still submit the documentation. You will need the certified copies of the police reports and all court documents and disposition (how the case ended). Printed documents are usually not enough but you can submit it and if it's not enough, you will receive a Request of Evidence asking for additional information.

I Hope this helps and I hope I have earned your positive rating.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I noticed that you were able to view my answer to you but you did not accept or ask me any other question. Is there any other follow up question that I can answer for you? Your satisfaction is my goal. Thanks for your consideration.

Related Immigration Law Questions