Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a us citizen and want to apply for i130 for my sister. She is currently going through a divorce in India.

Customer Question
What marital status I select...
I am a us citizen and want to apply for i130 for my sister. She is currently going through a divorce in India. What marital status I select for her in i130 application and what i should enter on box 12 Date of marriage ended as her divorce is not finalized yet.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/2/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Until the divorce is final, you must put that she is legally married and there will be no date of divorce yet. It will not make a difference to the I-130. When the time comes in the future for the additional paperwork after the I-130 is approved, then the information about the divorce and new status would be disclosed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Tim. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Tim. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.