How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5103
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 13 year old American born son and he wants to go to

Customer Question

I have a 13 year old American born son and he wants to go to high school in the states. He was born there but I was not. I am a single father. I don't have to work but do not want to send him there alone obviously. what are my options?
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I just need to know whether it is possible or not. I am a British citizen in the Cayman Islands and he as a US citizen would like to go tothe US for his high school education to prepare for college but he has no family there do I would have to move with him
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Unfortunately there is no visa that would allow you to come and live in the US while your son attends school here just because he is a US citizen. You can come in for 3 months as a British citizen or apply for a tourist visa and you can stay for 6 months but this would not be a permanent solution because you cannot spend more time in the US than outside the US. You would have to spend time outside the US and then come back but there is no guarantee that in subsequent trips you would be let in for the full 3 or 6 months if you're spending too much time in the US.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.